Welcome to my world!

Come on in and make yourself comfortable. Friends are always welcome, so long as they're up for a little bit of adventure! When you're defying gravity, who knows how high you'll go?

Monday, January 10, 2011

#26 - Random Acts of Kindness (aka Blizzard of 2011, Day 1)


Well, folks, Georgia has basically been shut down for the day. They're saying on the news that this is a bad winter storm, at least as bad as the "big blizzard of '93!" I wasn't around here for that, but I know what it means... NO SCHOOL!

On Sundays, I always spend the afternoon and evening with my family after church. They live a mere 15 minutes from me, but on days like this it's too dangerous to drive over those winding roads toward my apartment. So I'm camping out with my parents and sister. No complaints here, really! I was able to get my "100 things in 2011" list done, and even tried a new recipe! But I think I'll save that for another blog post.

So today I accomplished one thing on my list. It felt so good, I hate to cross it off! So I guess I won't... I'll put a little check mark or something beside it for now. What was it? Well as you might have noted, my title read "#26 - Random Acts of Kindness."

After sleeping in (at my parents' house) and delighting in the fact that my Dad is working from home today (yay!), I went downstairs into the kitchen and decided to clean out the refrigerator. It was full as full could be, and you couldn't really tell what was good and what wasn't, except for a few obvious (but unidentifiable) vegetables in the bin. It's been that way for a while, and I know that my parents are both quite busy... and cleaning out a fridge is a necessary but very UGH (for lack of a better word at the moment) task!

So I did it. Just like Mommy showed me when I was little (she'd clean out the fridge with a bucket of soapy water & baking soda and a rag while I'd do the same in my Little Tykes kitchen with one of my plastic bowls and a little washcloth) I moved things around, tossed stuff out, and scrubbed it all, shelf by shelf. And you know what? I actually enjoyed doing it! Not that it wasn't a bit gross... of course it was... but doing it and doing it well for my family as a sort of "gift" to them made it worthwhile!



Dad says he hopes that the snow lasts all week long. I don't think he should press his luck! ;-)

Stay warm, my friends!
~ Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment