Welcome to my world!

Come on in and make yourself comfortable. Friends are always welcome, so long as they're up for a little bit of adventure! When you're defying gravity, who knows how high you'll go?

Friday, January 21, 2011

#80 - Audition for something (the continuation...)

Great news! Well, at least I think it's great news. It's great, and a bit terrifying at the same time. I've been welcomed as the newest member of CAST! (That stands for "Community Alliance for Stage and Theater" if I've never told you. Or you forgot. Either way...)

I wasn't totally sure I'd get in. I mean, yeah, I was the lone ranger at my audition. And they did tell me I did a nice job. But it was an awfully awkward script for me, and... well... these people don't know whether I can act! I read quite well, if I do say so myself. Been doing that since I was 4. (Thanks, Sesame Street!) But anyway... the way I was welcomed wasn't exactly the way I'd envisioned it.

I figured I'd get a phone call. I didn't. But I did get an email from L, urging the recipients to come to an audition to be held this coming Monday. (I guess they didn't get enough folks to audition this past Tuesday.) Curious, I wrote L asking her if the group had considered starting a Facebook page. After all, Facebook is everywhere... and that's where all the cool stuff happens, right? The place for people in the know! (And also those who have WAY too much time on their hands...) I told L all about how wonderful a FB page could be for the group, not only to reach potential actors and actresses, but also to advertise upcoming shows.

L loved the idea, and thanked me for volunteering to set it up. (What? Should have seen that coming.) I did, all in a couple of hours, and sent it to L and the director. He replied to me that he was excited about the FB page and having me on board, and looked forward to working with me on the upcoming show as soon as a cast list could be made.

Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CAST-Productions-Douglasville/123045564431474 Snazzy, eh? I hope I get a nice, professional-looking photo to put up on there with MY bio someday!

So... that's it! I'm in. I'm honored, excited, and terrified all at the same time. I've never done interactive theatre before, so it should be interesting. But you can bet that I'll be the first one to sell you all tickets to the show! :-)

Love,
~ Allison

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting! I couldn't wait to find out if you had made it in! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete